If you cannot get the primer to prime, try one of the following :
- Make sure the drain cock is closed. The drain cock should only be opened after priming to drain any liquids in the primer body.
- Make sure there is no debris left inside where the check valve is. Any debris can cause clogging.
- Inspect the diaphragm for any tears or cracks.
- Check the line for any blockage or loops. The line must be straight and not twisted in any way.
- Check any strainers for blockage.
- Check all sections of the suction for air leaks.